Lansing, Michigan’s 38th Silver Bells in the City: Details announced
Silver Bells in the City will take place in Lansing, Michigan, on Friday, Nov. 18.
Silver Bells in the City will take place in Lansing, Michigan, on Friday, Nov. 18. This event is presented by the Lansing Board of Water and Light and the City of Lansing.
This year’s official State Christmas tree is a magnificent one, as always. It’s a 63-foot spruce picked by the Michigan Department of Technology Management and Budget (DTMB). The tree, donated by Mary Ann and Caitlin Beck, was harvested in St. Johns. The spruce will make its way to the Capitol grounds on Oct. 29.
After the tree lighting, “American Idol” contestant and Dansville native Jacob Moran will perform. The event will also feature 200 drones performing a Firefly drone Light Show to music following Moran’s performance. Then, fireworks will light up the sky over the Capitol.
Here’s a rundown of event, according to the City:
Friday, Nov. 18:
- The 25th Annual Electric Light Parade begins at 6 p.m.
- Following the parade, the lighting of the State Christmas Tree with a performance by Silver Bells headliner, Jacob Moran.
- After the tree lighting, a Firefly Drone Holiday Light Show will illuminate the sky, choreographed to music.
- The Silver Bells Village will be filled with vendors from Michigan. The Village is located on the 100 block of E. Allegan St. between South Washington Square and Grand Avenue.
- Visit Santa and Mrs. Claus and their live reindeer at Riverfront Plaza next to the Lansing Center.
Saturday, Nov. 19:
- The Silver Bells 5k Race starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 19. Participants have the choice to run/walk the 5K marked course in downtown Lansing or virtually from home. There will also be a costume contest. If interested, you can sign up here.
- More information can be found by visiting www.silverbellsinthecity.org.